AT HOME ELDERCARE
WEST WAKE COUNTY
Taking care to provide conscientious home care during the COVID-19 pandemic
At Home Eldercare of West Wake County’s response to the pandemic
Providing high-quality, safe home care during the COVID-19 pandemic
With the COVID-19 virus threat, we are all experiencing unprecedented times. During this time, our top priority is the health and safety of all of our wonderful clients and caregivers. We have implemented the following activities and policies to protect our caregivers and clients:
- While we do not require all of our caregivers to be vaccinated, we are pleased to confirm that the vast majority of our caregivers have already received their 2-shot vaccination regimen.
- We have thoroughly trained all of our caregivers to adhere to the most stringent infection control procedures, as well as proper social distancing procedures while out in the community.
- Each member of the At Home Eldercare team is required to adhere to established infection control protocols for strict hand hygiene upon arrival, throughout the visit, and at the end of the visit. Gloves must be worn during direct personal care and at all other times when bodily fluids may be exposed. If any of our clients run out of gloves, our office can provide them.
- When a caregiver arrives at a client’s home, they must wear freshly washed clothes and have cleaned and disinfected any items they may bring with them, including their cell phone and any food or beverage item.
- Face masks will be required to be worn by all of our caregivers while at a client’s residence, except when they are eating or drinking (after eating and drinking masks are to be quickly put back on). Face masks must fit each caregiver properly and cover both the mouth and nose at all times. If our caregivers run out of face masks, our office will supply them.
- If a caregiver becomes ill, she/he must immediately contact our office AND their doctor (or the County Health Department) to be triaged in order to further diagnose her/his illness before returning to work with At Home Eldercare.